Let’s recap, last week’s schedule…
- Mon – Strength training – Check
- Tues – Run 3m & Abs/Strength training – Check
- Wed – 5×400 @ 5k pace or 30 min tempo run – Rest Day (moved speed workout to Thursday)
- Thurs – Run 3m – light hill work outside instead, thank you to Planet Fitness for not opening at the correct time!
- Friday – Strength training – Not so much
- Sat – Run 3m @ race pace – Nada
- Sun – Run 6m – Lazy 3m
Not the worst, but most certainly not my best. Let’s try this again this week, shall we?
- Mon – Strength Training
- Tues – Run 6m
- Wed – 6×400 @ 5k pace
- Thurs – Run 3m & Strength Training
- Fri – Strength Training
- Sat – Run 3m @ pace
- Sun – Run 6m
So far, so good. Not only did I complete my strength training workout today (thank you Jillian Michaels), but I also had the chance to run 3 miles with Back on my Feet this morning. This was only my second time running with the team so I will be sharing more in the near future.
For dinner tonight, Ben and I had some “Za” as he apparently likes to call it, aka pizza. Yesterday I had made the pizza dough and so it was all ready to go for after my workout. I used a can of San Marzano tomatoes to keep the “sauce” simple and healthy and topped with fresh mozzarella, onions, fresh basil, and summer squash from our farm share. Yum!
On the side, a simple kale salad with olive oil and lemon juice.
Love it! This dough was SO easy, as promised I will post about the bread making soon. How did you do on your workouts last week?