Twin Peaks Tuesday again, hurrah!
I decided not to torture my guests again by taking their picture, but certainly will next time.
For dinner we enjoyed fish tacos, with Jaime’s guacamole, shredded napa cabbage and thinly sliced red onion, grilled haddock, Cotija cheese and lime wedges. Served with fresh salsa and tortilla chips. I was a little worried to use my fish grilling basket for the small pieces of haddock so this time I sprinkled the fish with olive oil and lime juice, made a tin foil packet and had Ben throw it on the grill (I am grill clueless). I think it was just as good as having it directly on the grill so we will definitely use this method for flakier fish.
More importantly, for dessert we had my all time favorite summer pie from my friend Eva. I was first introduced to this pie (amongst many other of Eva’s delicious foods) during my college years when she came on consortium.
Eva’s Berry Pie
- Graham cracker crust (I was lazy and bought one, but easy to find a recipe online)
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 package cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sugar
- Assorted berries
- Whip the cream up in one bowl.
- Blend cream cheese, vanilla and sugar in a separate bowl. Mix together and fold in berries. Fill pie crust with mixture.
- Chill for at least a few hours or overnight.
So yummy, and no, sorry, none left. Coincidentally Eva had emailed me this week with some of her favorite almond dessert recipes. These will most definitely be featured on the blog in the near future as you know my love for anything almond.
My menu for Tuesday:
- Two slices homemade whole wheat flaxseed bread w/ Sunflower Butter
- Iced coffee with vanilla soy milk
- Greens with Cotija cheese, avocado, corn, heirloom tomatoes, bell pepper and lime juice
Whole Foods Pizzelles
Peanut Butter Cookie Larabar
Two glasses of rose wine
Tortilla chips with fresh salsa
Two fish tacos
Two slices of Eva’s Berry Pie (oops, I couldn’t help it!)