I know most of you already started your week, but since Ben and I had an awesome four-day weekend, my week didn’t start until today. Normally after having a few days off I don’t wake up feeling rested and ready to go, but today I did!
Given my positive mood I thought it only appropriate to wear what I refer to as my “happy necklace”. This is one of my most favorite jewelry purchases.
This week I want to set a few goals for myself outside of the usual follow my half marathon training plan. I haven’t been doing such a good job lately of meeting my workout commitments and healthy eating objectives, but I also want to move past that and not dwell on my failures from last week. I don’t know about you, but dwelling on my failures never helps me move forward.
Here are my goals:
- Complete this week’s training plan. – I’m beginning to realize how soon my next race is this year and how important it is for me to really stay committed to my workout schedule. I want to be able to enjoy this race and it will NOT be enjoyable if I am not prepared.
- Meet my points expectations as closely as possible. – I know this might be a tough one this week as I have many plans to dine out with friends and dining out is where I run into trouble. I want to be realistic with myself rather than feel like a failure so that is why I say “as closely as possible”. I also just read this really helpful post from Beth’s Journey that gave me a fresh and different perspective when using numbers.
- Take my vitamins. – I know there are many differing thoughts on vitamins out there, but here’s how I feel. I like them and usually take them; and I know for a fact that there are some that I need to supplement outside of just what I get through food. I’ve just forgotten to take them lately so I thought this was a good and achievable goal to have this week.
- Enjoy time hanging out with friends this week. – I know, seems silly, I always do enjoy spending time with friends and I just want to reinforce that this is part of my week too 🙂
- Maintain a positive attitude. – Sometimes I just let the littlest things get to me and ruin my day and I really hate that, because then I rub off on others around me, like Ben, and then he doesn’t have a great day either and then that might impact someone else and so on. Now don’t get me wrong, I totally want to be honest and open when I’m not having the best day, but really sometimes the things that bug me are just so trivial and sometimes I just need to get over it! As I mentioned above, I also tend to dwell on failures or mistakes and this always lead me to just continue in that pattern rather than moving ahead. I’m over it!
Alright, I think that should do it. Here is my training plan for this week so you can help keep me accountable to my goals too.
- Mon – Rest
- Tues – Strength & Run 4m
- Wed – Run with Back on my Feet
- Thurs – 8×400 Speed Workout
- Fri – Run with Back on my Feet & Strength
- Sat – Run 4m
- Sun – Run 9m (might push back to Monday if Hurricane Irene is uncooperative, rain, so fine, rain and heavy gusts of wind, eh, I’d rather wait)
What goals do you have for this week?