That’s right! Just totally decided I didn’t feel like doing it. No long run on Sunday, could have tried to pull if off another time or maybe done at least something yesterday or today. Nope, big fat NOTHING.
I don’t know if I should change my tune and be really mad at myself that I skipped my long run or if I should be happy that for once I’m not all that stressed about it. The ridiculous thing is that I really had no reason not to run my 11 miles. I had a delicious carb loaded meal the night before, not the best night’s sleep, but enough to make it, but I just decided not too.
My lack of commitment does make me a little nervous for the upcoming races in October. Since I had already downgraded my goal this fall from a marathon to a half, I really wanted to run this half marathon at least a little bit faster than last year’s, but now I don’t know. I’m definitely not in the same shape that I was last fall so it’s unlikely. And I guess that’s okay, right? Alright, that’s probably enough apathy for one post.
The final review of last week’s routine…
- Mon – Rest Done
- Tues – Rest again Clearly
- Wed – Run 3m & Strength Switched to a half speed workout, no strength
- Thurs – 9×400 Speed Workout 2.5 mile
- Fri – Run with Back on my Feet & Strength Run only, apparently didn’t want to do strength training this week
- Sat – Run 5m 2 miles
- Sun – Run 11m ZERO
- Mon – Rest
- Tues – Run 5m & Strength
- Wed – Run with Back on my Feet
- Thurs – 9×400 Speed Workout
- Fri – Run with Back on my Feet & Strength
- Sat – Run 3m
- Sun – Run 11m