How was your weekend? It was amazingly warm here on Saturday. Ben and I had a nice and easy run around our new neighborhood, couldn’t pass up the awesome temperatures in January.
So it’s Sunday and you know what that means! Time to make the lunches. As usual I’ll be having salad, but so will Ben this week. What do you have your lunch? Do you dine out or bring in your lunch? Anyone else have a routine like me on Sunday afternoons?
I often get asked how I actually keep my lettuce in edible condition for the week. I think the key is buying fresh (non pre-packaged) lettuce, chopping, washing and then drying with a salad spinner. I’ve seriously never had a problem with my salad greens wilting.
Ben’s salad of the week – green leaf and red leaf lettuce, shredded rotisserie chicken, lemon & garlic olives, cherry tomatoes and fresh mozzarella.
My salad of the week – green leaf lettuce, cucumber, kalamata olives, 1/4 cup hummus and 1/4 cup tabouli. If you ever need to make a quick and easy salad and don’t have dressing on hand (or want something healthy), add hummus and shake, shake, shake. Each leafs gets a nice hummus coating.
I’m pretty happy with my workout recap.
- Wed – Run 2 miles & more cardio Jillian Michaels Level 2 Ripped in 30
- Thurs – Strength training Ran 2.5 miles on the treadmill
- Fri – Cardio Jillian Michaels Level 2 30 day Shred
- Sat – Run outside Ran 2.5 miles outside on a beautiful day
- Sun – Strength training Jillian Michaels Level 1 Six Pack Abs
This week I definitely need to get some more miles in, 995 more to go in 2012!
- Mon – Run 3 miles & 15 min Stairclimber
- Tues – Strength Training
- Wed – Run 3 miles & Cardio
- Thurs – Strength Training
- Fri – Cardio
- Sat – Run outside
- Sun – Run 2m & Strength
Time for bed, goodnight!