Confession…I am a fennel fan!
Crispy or raw, I love it all! (yeah I know, that rhyme is really terrible)
This recipe from Plenty was amazing. So many unexpected flavors.
This one I have made many, many times.
Don’t even recall where I got this recipe, but make it. NOW.
Fennel & Parmesan Dip
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 fennel bulbs, trimmed and cut into 1-inch wedges
- 4 garlic cloves, slightly crushed
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons grated parmesan
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Heat oil in a large, heavy ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat until shimmering. Add fennel, pressing down so that most of it fits in one layer. Add garlic to skillet. Brown fennel to one side for 4 minutes. Flip, and sprinkle lightly with salt. Cover skillet with foil and transfer to oven. Roast fennel until tender, 20 to 30 minutes. Cool slightly.
- Raise oven temp to 450 degrees. Puree fennel and garlic in a food processor until smooth. Season with salt and pepper and add 1/4 cup parmesan. Blend until combined. At this point, you can either store in the fridge for a day or so before finishing, or transfer to a baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining 2 tablespoons parmesan.
- Bake for around 20 minutes until dip is hot in the center and cheese is golden brown. Serve immediately.