And some. I missed the whole one year blog anniversary, but I still managed to catch up in the right month. Here is where it all started. Fascinating I know.
In case you happen to be checking this blog out for the first time, here is a little bit about me.
Since it is my one year blogaversary (creative huh), this might be the perfect time to check in on those little resolutions. We are more than halfway through the year, right?
- Run a marathon. Still in training folks. Can’t say I’ve been the most training committed, but I’m hoping to continue to improve. Officially 92 days until the Marine Corps Marathon.
- Run 1,000 miles. Ooof. This one bums me out. Status today: 300 exactly. I would love to say I’m going to make it, but reality is, I’m experiencing a bit of running injury right now and hoping to still run the marathon, but most likely will take a bit of running rest after that. Still possible, but unlikely.
- Create and follow a new budget. Create yes, follow, on and off. Clearly needs improvement but progress shown.
- Create one new recipe. I’ll have to think about that one, I mean I did make this lovely vermicelli noodle bowl the other night, does that count?
- Start volunteering with a new organization. This one I can officially check off. I started a monthly commitment to The Home for Little Wanderers through my church.
- Take a really fun trip with Ben. Booked!
- Make some dents in this healthy living and eating thing. Ouch. I honestly don’t feel like I’ve done much here since January. I don’t know about you, but I get SO frustrated with myself. It’s no one’s fault, but my own. It’s alarming to me that I look back and am still shocked when I realized I’ve made little to no progress, and that it’s literally the tenth time it’s happened. I’m heading into pity party mode (which is ridiculous), let’s end there. This is supposed to be a motivating blog.
Let’s look at ducks. Ducks make me happy.
What else makes me happy? Summer concerts on the Esplanade.
Have a great weekend!