Something what happens when you are training for a marathon is you have a little bit less time. I wish I had done a better job of documenting my training here, but it is a bit more important to actually do the training than write about it, right?
Since I haven’t been posting much, maybe you thought I wasn’t working out, but don’t you worry, I was! I finally updated the workout log, check it out. Especially check out Tina Reale’s medicine ball circuit. Did this for the first time on Thursday and loved it!
How about an update on my marathon training? Let’s bullet it out, I’m feeling brief:
- I FINISHED TWENTY MILES!!!!!
- Sometimes when you run twenty miles you chafe in some interesting places.
- Plantar fascitis and a touch of achilles tendonitis still following me around, but thanks to my awesome physical therapist this marathon and all it’s training is still going to happen.
- Two weeks in a row of consistent strength training (twice a week for now, maybe more often after training is over).
- Feeling positive, the dreaded “wall” of the marathon scares me, but yesterday at mile 19 I had this renewed energy and just ran my heart out.
What else is going on?
Meet my new breakfast – recipe below
Not the most attractive photo, but this was my attempt at “cilantro rice”. A little rice, a little low-fat sour cream mixed with lime juice, a little (or a lot in our case) cilantro and some shredded Cotija cheese. Yum!
Can’t believe it’s Sunday night already. Hope you had a great weekend!
The Motivating Jess Breakfast Smoothie
- 1 cup vanilla almond milk
- 1 cup raw spinach
- 1 cup frozen organic fruit (my favorite is cherries)
- 1 banana
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- 4 tablespoons hemp protein powder (or sometimes I switch it out for 1/4 cup oats)