Here are some things you might like to know about me…
1. I live in Boston with my husband, Ben. We recently moved into the city, before we lived right outside Boston, in Somerville. Huge fans of both!
2. One of my best friends set me and Ben up (let’s call it forced us both) into a date in August 2007. I was so mad at her. Funny, how we’ve been together since and got married in August 2009. I guess I have to admit, sometimes set ups DO work.
3. I’m originally from a very small town in Connecticut. Surprisingly the city is where I always want to be.
4. Cooking and eating are two of my biggest passions in life. So much time, so much money, spent on these two things, sometimes to a fault, but what can I say? I love it! I’m not much of a creative cook, but I hope to come up with more of my own recipes. In the mean time I will continue to cook from my cookbook collection and the blogs I read.
5. I also love to run. Running, how do I describe it? It’s what got me out of my couch potato ways and I consider that a huge achievement. Check out some of the races I’ve run here.
6. I find healthy living to be really, really hard. You could probably assume this from the name of my blog, but it is so important to me to develop healthier eating habits for the long haul.
7. I am OBSESSED with dogs. And one day we will own a golden retriever. Silly landlords, they are not dog fans, but the next place we live in, I swear, has to allow one. I’m so obsessed I slow down when I walk by any dog and in most cases, will ask the owner if I can pet their dog. (or not, and that didn’t turn out so well once).
8. One of the few things that Ben and I have in common. We both love to read! And I am always in competition to beat him books read per year. I won in 2011! Check out my list of reads here.
9. I am a huge klutz. Just all the time, walk in to everything, all…the…time.
10. Random fact? I never learned how to ride a bike. Yes, go ahead and laugh, it’s true and I’m proud of it!